cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the cable port on my pixma printer (model TR8520)

gidmeister
Apprentice

I have a Canon printer, and I want to connect my new, HP laptop to it.    I don't see a USB type port on the printer, though I do see a 'phone' cable type port.   What kind of cable would I use to make the connection?  As far as my laptop, it seems to only have an HDMI and a USB port.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, gidmeister!  The USB connection port on your PIXMA TR8520 is on the back of the unit.  You'll need an A-to-B USB cable.  The B-type connector has a square shape compared to the relatively flat rectangular shape of the A-type connector.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, gidmeister!  The USB connection port on your PIXMA TR8520 is on the back of the unit.  You'll need an A-to-B USB cable.  The B-type connector has a square shape compared to the relatively flat rectangular shape of the A-type connector.

Hope this helps!

Laura99
Apprentice

I had the same queation about my TR 4720 printer.

It would be VERY helpful if the information about needing a printer cable was included on the box.  The way it's phrased makes it sound as though the printer -- like my two previous PIXMAs -- uses a regular USB cable, and this most decidedly does not.  People generally want to be able to use a product straight out of the box without needing a second trip to Staples. 

Announcements