cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems in scanning using MX 922

GregH
Apprentice

I want to scan several pages and have the result in a single file using a Canon Pixma MX922

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi GregH,

To scan a multiple page document with your PIXMA MX922, My Image Garden can be used.  To scan using My Image Garden, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Start menu select All Programs, then Canon Utilities, My Image Garden and the click on My Image Garden to open that program.

2.  Click Scan on the left hand side.

3.  Click the ScanGear icon on the top, towards the right side.

4.  Click on the Advanced Mode tab.

5.  If you are scanning multiple documents, please choose Document (ADF Simplex) or Document (ADF Duplex) for Select Source.

6.  Make any other adjustments as necessary.

7.  Click Scan.

8.  Once complete, please click Save in the lower right hand corner.

9.  Click Browse to specify a location to save your document.

10.  Give the file a descriptive name.

11.  Select PDF or PDF (multiple pages) and then click Save.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry, I regret your solution does not work for me.

I could not find "Canon Image Garden"  but I did find Scan Gear, which I clicked (step 3)

Steps 4, 5,6,7 completed using Duplex and a two sided document

Step 8 The results are shown  as two seperate files, one for each page.

Step 9  There is not  "Save" in the lower right corner

I can go to "print"  and then select "pdf". Making sure that both scanned files are highlighted. The result is a pdf document but it only contains the first page.

If I play around I can get it to make seperate pdf files for each side of the document , but it will not make a single file that includes both sides of the document,  which unfortunately is what I wanted.

GregH

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

GregH,

My Image Garden is available for download from Canon's web site.  Please follow these steps:

1.  Visit Canon's website at:    http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

2.  Type PIXMA MX922 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.

3.  On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.

4.  Click Software.

5.  Click on My Image Garden.

6.  If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "    I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

7.  Click the Donwload button.

8.  When the Save As box comes up, click Save.  

9.  Once the download is complete, close all windows.

10.  Open your Downloads folder and double click [mig_-win-3_0_0-ea31_2.exe].

Files will extract.

Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.

Once installed, please use My Image Garden to scan your multiple page document.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

These steps do NOT work, and yes I am using My Image Garden....all it does is create separate documents, NOT a single PDF, so the only way I can merge into a single PDF is to use a 3rd party solution. 

Very disappointed in Canon that this very simple option that many people want/need to use is not available on this machine, and if it is, it is FAR from being intuitive and user-friendly. 

Hi brianm49!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thank you for your post! If the above steps did not solve your problem, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

Have a great day!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements