cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mp navigator ex quit unexpectedly

snappdaddy
Apprentice

Any time I try to scan using USB (I use a Mac), mp navigator ex closes and sends me a pop up that says mp navigator ex has quit unexpectantly. If you try to reopen, it does the same thing. Tried all of Canon's fixes. Tried redownloading installaction disc. 

4 REPLIES 4

Julius
Rising Star

Hi!

Please try downloading the updated MP Navigator found on the same "Drivers and Software" section you downloaded the drivers from.

If the issue persists, please let us know the version of Mac you have (ex. 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, etc), and the model printer you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Julius

I have a Cannon MX850 on a iMAC OS 10.8.5.  The wireless printer responds. The scanner pops-up this error, "MP Navigator EX quit unexpectedly".

I have deleted the existing drivers found in file: library>image capture>Twain Data Sources and replaced them with new downloaded applications: Canon MX850 series.ds and Canon MX850 series Network.ds.

I attempted to upload MP Navigator EX_112.pkg, but “MP Navigator EX_112.pkg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer."

I rebooted.

The response remains unchanged.

If you continue to have difficulties after the drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled, additional troubleshooting may be needed.  Please visit the following link below to contact our support group for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. The new MP Navigator solved my problem.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements