cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labels jammed in MF4770N

compuwiza1
Apprentice

My client's imageclass MF4770n has pieces of a jammed label behind the feed rollers. It looks like I will have to take the back off to get at it. There is no easy way to do that I can see for this model. Most laser printers have a door back there, but not this one.

3 REPLIES 3

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi compuwiza1,

Fortunately, you don't have to attempt to remove the back of your laser multifunction printer.  There is a back cover that you can access, that may not be easily detectable.  It's useful in certain types of printing and removing paper jams. 

To get a view of its location, click here to access your product's resource page on the Canon USA website.  Once there, type in "paper jam" in the FAQ Search box, then select the article for "If <Paper Jam> Appears".  Note Step 12-14 which reference the Rear Cover and show how to access it at the back of your machine.

If the label pieces cannot be removed, please Contact Us for further assistance and your available service options whether in or outside of the warranty period.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The jam is not in the document feeder, it is behind the main feed roller near the fuser. It jammed when paper was being fed from the paper tray. Most laser brinters have a rear access panel, but this one is an unserviceable design nightmare! I wish I had known that and not reccomended it to my client based on the features he said he needed. I expected a Canon laser printer to be serviceable, not a throwaway item like a $30.00 inkjet.

Your frustration can be understood.  You are correct that some models, including Canon's, offer the option; this is based on the features of the particular model.  However, please note that if you are unable to remove the label or should a label jam leave remnants that may have adhered inside the machine, unfortunately service would be required for proper removal.  I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Please do contact us so that we can further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements