cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initial set up TS9120, error 5100

cjucoder
Apprentice

Hi. Setting up a new TS9120 for the first time. When I powered on for the first time an error displayed that there was still packing material. I powered it off and looked and looked and looked and looked. Could not find anything else to remove, not inside around the carriage/ink cartridge areas, not around the bottom, back, both paper trays. 

Turned it back on and this time it displays error 5100, which after googling looks like it still likely is complaining about packing material that needs to be removed.

I tried unplugging it for an hour or so, tried installing the ink cartrages since 5100 also mentions possible problems with those.  Used a flashlight inside by the ink trying to see something inside to be removed. I even watched a couple unboxing videos hoping it would show me something I missed.

When powering on, the carriage does move across the inside of the unit.

I can't find anything to remove.  Suggestions? 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cjucoder,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements