cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. electric plug to overseas 220v outlet

shaxmatist
Apprentice

I would like to know if anyone has had experience using a Canon printer (MX series) with a U.S. electrical plug overseas with a 220v 60 cycles receptacle. The rating on the printer says: 110-240v, 50-60Hz and .94A.

Thank you in advance for sharing your expertise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you so much for your reply. I actually made the leap and plugged the beasty in. I had swapped out an old cord. I have four or five Canon printers so it wasn't much of a problem. It worked brilliantly. My mild concern was about the amperage. Apparently that was not a factor.

My next test will be to determine whether it will work as a LAN printer. That is to say, hookikng it up via a CAT5 cable and plugging in the proper IP address. It already works well as a wireless printer, so maybe this is "overkill."

Thank you for sharing your expertise!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

horspistes
Apprentice

I haven't had experience with that particular model, but I've used several electronics/small appliances without a problem in Europe -- it's just a matter of checking if there is need for a transformer or simply a plug adapter (as in your case.)

Thank you so much for your reply. I actually made the leap and plugged the beasty in. I had swapped out an old cord. I have four or five Canon printers so it wasn't much of a problem. It worked brilliantly. My mild concern was about the amperage. Apparently that was not a factor.

My next test will be to determine whether it will work as a LAN printer. That is to say, hookikng it up via a CAT5 cable and plugging in the proper IP address. It already works well as a wireless printer, so maybe this is "overkill."

Thank you for sharing your expertise!

Announcements