cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The scanner on my MG5721 canon does not scan to my computer using Windows7.

ampmf500
Apprentice

Installed PIXMA MG5721 printer, using Wifi, printer works, but I can not scan a document to my computer.  On the Canon  Quick Menu the scan is in grey.  In my program listing  under Cannon Utilities there is no IJ Scan Utility.

I have checked the drivers are up to date, OK.  Why can I not scan a document to my computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi ampmf500,

The IJ Scan Utility program is installed along with the printer drivers, so if the program is not installed on your computer, reinstalling the printer drivers should resolve the issue.  Please click here to go to the Drivers and Downloads page for the PIXMA MG5721.  Once on the page, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.

2. Below the red box labeled "DRIVERS", locate the MP DRIVERS file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename.  When you do, a red button will display labeled DOWNLOAD. Please click on the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the file download.

3. Once the MP DRIVERS have been downloaded, please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that may be on your computer and then double-click on the file and follow the prompts to reinstall the drivers on your computer. The reason we have you temporarily disable the protection software is because sometimes it prevents the printer from being detected and installed successfully. Once the printer is reinstalled successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Should you still experience difficulty scanning after reinstalling the printer drivers, or if the IJ Scan Utility program is still not installed, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi ampmf500,

The IJ Scan Utility program is installed along with the printer drivers, so if the program is not installed on your computer, reinstalling the printer drivers should resolve the issue.  Please click here to go to the Drivers and Downloads page for the PIXMA MG5721.  Once on the page, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.

2. Below the red box labeled "DRIVERS", locate the MP DRIVERS file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename.  When you do, a red button will display labeled DOWNLOAD. Please click on the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the file download.

3. Once the MP DRIVERS have been downloaded, please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that may be on your computer and then double-click on the file and follow the prompts to reinstall the drivers on your computer. The reason we have you temporarily disable the protection software is because sometimes it prevents the printer from being detected and installed successfully. Once the printer is reinstalled successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Should you still experience difficulty scanning after reinstalling the printer drivers, or if the IJ Scan Utility program is still not installed, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Re-installed the program using the printer CD, this morning when I started my computer, the scanner icon was accecable and I was able to scan a document.  Moral of the story restart the computer....Thanks for support.

Announcements