cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620a: Paper jam and unable to connect to iPhone

Farmerttt
Apprentice

2 years ok, started having paper jams, and not being recognized by iPhone 15 for print job. I’ve unplugged, restarted, rest wireless, changed internet providers and talked to Canon help desk.  Any ideas?   Will Canon replace under Canon Care package?  Thanks

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your internet provider has nothing to do with the printers operation. The device has a 1 yr warraty from Canon.  If you have purchased a CarePak, then there is additional support for service beyond the 1 yr warranty.  If your device is covered, I would absolutely contact Canon. 

Best way, is My Canon

It would be difficult to help troubleshoot the printer's operational issues if you can't get it connected and communicating with anything.  

The device can connect via ethernet or wireless.  Its one of the few Pixma devices that supports dual band wireless, 2.4 or 5G.  Its requires WPA2 / AES encryption.  You can also print from a Android or iOS device if both are connected to the same network.

The first thing to do it get the printer connected your network.  I would suggest assigning it a static or reserved IP on your router.  This way other devices on your network can always find it.  Once this is done, we can try to look at the other issues you are experiencing.  

Support directly from Canon is available if you are within the first year of ownership of have a CarePak.  If you don't, there is a small fee to receive support.  Talking to fellow users here is free 😄.  Please let us know how you'd like to proceed.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements