cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching printers, both cannon

poolerj
Apprentice

I had a 3400 series wireless printer and am switching to the 2520 series.  I uninstalled the old printer.  Restarted the computer.  And then installed the new printer.  When I go to print it tries to print on the 3400 series.  How can I get it to use the new printer?

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hi Poolerj!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what Computer Operating System you're using. (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using a windows 8 operating system.

I got the previous printer deleted and now am trying to get the new one installed.  I have ran the install disk and got this message. No MP drivers are correctly installed.  Install the MP Drivers correctly so that printing can be executed then install the XPS driver.  So I tried looking up a solution on the website and tried to install the drivers.  It said I was sucessful but still when I go to print.  The printer is not listed as an option.

Ramona
Authority

Hi poolerj,

You can try installing the printer in a selective startup mode on your computer to temporarily disable any applications that may be causing a conflict with the printer installation.  Once the printer is installed successfully, you would then go back into "Normal" startup with all of the applications on your computer re-enabled. To go into selective startup, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + the "R" key to open the Run dialog box.

2. In the Run window type: Msconfig

3. Hit enter on the keyboard.

4. In the System Properties screen, choose 'Selective Start Up'.

5. Uncheck the box labeled 'Load Start Up Items'.

6. Click Apply.

7. Under the Services Tab, click on 'Hide all Microsoft Services' at the bottom of the window just above the OK button. Please ensure this checkbox is checked before proceeding to the next step.

8. Click 'Disable All'.

9. Click Apply.

10. Click Close.

11. Restart the computer.

When your computer restarts, you should be in Selective Startup mode. Please try to reinstall your printer again using the latest drivers from the Canon USA website.  Please click here to go to the initial download page for your PIXMA MG2520. Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS" section and click the FULL DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE PACKAGE file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once the file is downloaded, please double-click on it and follow the prompts to install the printer.  Once the printer is installed, please follow these steps to put your computer back into Normal Startup mode:

1. Press the Windows key + the "R" key to open the Run dialog box.

2. In the Run window type: Msconfig

3. Hit enter on the keyboard.

4. In the System Properties screen, choose 'Normal Start Up'.

5. Click Apply.

6. Click Close/OK.

7. Restart the computer.

Your computer should now be restarted in Normal startup mode, and you should be able to print.  If you still experience difficulty, call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements