cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning on a Pixma MX922

timevans7057540
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MX922 and I am trying to scan to a USB drive. When I plug the USB flash drive into the printer, the printer says "USB drive detected".  So I set up the Scan to USB flash drive function.  But when I scan I receive an error message "Cannot detect a USB flash drive". Doesn't matter if I scan from the feeder or the screen.  

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have a SanDisk 64GB from several years ago.  It appears to correspond most closely to this one on SanDisk's web site:

https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/cruzer-glide

I also have a MicroCenter 128GB that you can find here:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/486104/128GB_SuperSpeed_USB_30_Flash_Drive

Good luck.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Worked great!  Thanks!

TechnoBob
Apprentice

Michael --

I had great hopes for your step-by-step procedure, but I got precisely the same non-results as I reported in my previous post: eight different USB thumb drives (ranging in size from 1 to 16GB) failed to permit scanning. In each case, I made it to your step 11, at which point the printer said, "Cannot detect a USB flash drive" -- even though it had said in step 6, "A USB flash drive is connected."!

Very frustrating. I would like to be able to use whatever USB drive I have handy, but so far have had success (as I reported) only with the USB card reader.

USB card reader.jpg

EDIT: based on info in above posts, I purchased a 32G SanDisk Cruzer thumb drive and tried that, and sure enough, the MX922 was able to scan and store to this drive, in contrast to my bad results with my (mostly freebie) collection of other drives.

Absolutely nothing works now.  One day, I used any USB key a had laying around.  Now, absolutely nothing works at all.  This is super lame.  

SpoofeeDotCom
Apprentice

SOLUTION

Your USB Drive must be in Fat32 file format.  So go to your Windows, right click on the drive, choose to format (of course this will wipe your USB drive so backup first), format to FAT32 format.  Now it'll be detected by the MX922.

I can't believe how incompetent Canon's support team is.

Announcements