cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 8250 Mac 10.11.3 - Scanner will not scan to mac or email

carolweaver
Apprentice

System started suddenly to play up.  Would not scan to mac or email or anything.  It went through motion of scanning and then said Unknown error.  Can't search for unknown error.  Call to Canon for help.  Did as requested, dumped twain driver, downloaded new.  Emptied trash and restarted.

Still the same.  Tried to save different place, still nothing.

Told they couldn't do more, to go to Apple.

Contacted Apple, and they went through several things, still nothing, go back to Canon.  I have, but they have escallated it and may take 5-10 days.  I need it now, and will be away from Thursday and do need to scan in documents to take with me...

However, as well as above, I am now getting a message, saying scanner is not available while in use by another application or user.  (Click scanner selection).  Now I tried that nothing.

I am the only one using my Mac, and apart from switching off and closing down my Mac, nothing else is using it.  I had Image Capture opened, as either Apple or Canon said to use that in the meantime. So closed that just in case that could have been using the driver.

Another odd thing.  When normally opening MP Navigator EX app I used to get a box showing, scan to: PC, pdf, email etc.,  That is no longer appearing.  (I had downloaded another copy of MP Navigator EX from a link provided by Canon...

If anyone has any thoughts, as to what I may try, or how to solve this conundrum, I will be grateful.

Carol

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements