Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP - PIXMA MG5750 & iX6850 too dark but perfect with cheap ink

Am49
Apprentice

IMG_6182.png

IMG_6183.jpeg

IMG_6184.jpeg

Hi 

I have a MG5750 I print from my iPad and it prints perfect on photo paper and normal paper and I use the cheaper Amazon cartridges. This is old and started to be unreliable so I decided to by a new printer I think this was the MG3650 the quality was awful so I returned it.

i found a second hand MG5750 and it came with genuine cannon inks, my image was nowhere near as good as my original printer, normal and photo paper. I changed the ink to my Amazon ink and it suddenly started printed perfect again

Previously before testing the second hand printer I had purchased the IX6850 because of the high DPI specs ( I thought this was my print quality issue ) so I set this up and printed the image and again this was also terrible quality compared to my original printer. This was also with the genuine canon in it came with..

I want to understand why this is happening. I am printing from my iPad and phone and the older printers using the Amazon ink is working perfect but on regular paper and photo paper but every printer that I have used the cannon ink is awful

I am using the older printer but I’m worried when it breaks I will still have this issue so would like to understand to prepare for the future 

IMG_6181.png

1 REPLY 1

Kristoff
Rising Star

Thanks for joining the conversation, Am49!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your products appear to be models that are not supported by our team here at Canon USA. The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements