cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2920 Error Lights Flashing - Please Help!

eshaines
Apprentice

I just got this printer as a gift (PIXMA MG2920) for work and leisure purposes and have just tried connecting it but nothing is really working in my favor with regards to setup.

I followed all the instructions, was very gentle installing new ink cartridges, etc, yet when I turn on the printer, all I get is, in addition to the printer not being recognized by my network on my computer or smartphone, an alternating flashing light, between the emergency light (orange) and the power light (green) which according to most troubleshooting sources, translates to poor setup.  Well I can't for the life of me figure out what I did wrong.  All the orange tape and pieces are removed, the usb cable is connected to AC power, iwreless network is functioning in the house, and so on.  Did I load the paper in wrong? Can it be loaded in top or bottom or just one of these?

Anyway, my main issue is can someone help me figure out if this is a problem with my printer and if so is it fixable by me, here at home, without having to take it in to Geek Squad or some other thing that charges me money to do something I ought to do myself?

I am running a Mac OS 10.9.5 Macbook Air, and I also want to connect it to an iPhone 6+ running iOS 8 and PC running Windows 7 that will all eventually need access to this printer.

Thanks in advance!

Erika

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements