cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Errors everyday! Canon TR7620a

LauraLane
Apprentice

Tried everything listed on the troubleshooting page multiple times.
I have to reinstall the printer everyday in order to print. Printer works when first installed - will work for the day but next day says it's offline again and won't print until I uninstall and reinstall again.

I only just bought the printer in the last week so the driver is the most recent driver.

Please help! It's driving me crazy. If it doesn't get fixed this week I will return and go back to using Brother.

Canon MFP TR7620a

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience.  What operating system version and build are you using the printer with (primarily)?

What is the printer connected to, and how?  USB, Wi-Fi..?

I'll have some suggestions once these questions are answered.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Windows 10 & Wifi connection3

Thanks

HI Rick,

I'm using Windows 10  and connecting through Wifi

Could really use a reply to this otherwise I'm returning the printer this week.

Thanks

Laura

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

My apologies.  Family wedding yesterday and it's been a busy week 🙂

You mentioning that you have to reinstall the printer everyday to get it to print, usually means the following:

The printer has a 2.4 GHz radio and can only connect to a 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast using WPA2 / AES encryption.

I would suggest logging into your router and looking at the list of attached devices.  Here you should see the printer and the IP address the router has assigned to it.  Please make note of this IP.   I would take this opportunity to reserve or assign this IP address to the printer.  This is done on the router and only needs to be done once.

Next step.  On the computer, remove the printer from control panel > device and printers.  Removing is easy.  Right-Click and select remove from the context menu.  If you have multiple instances of the device, remove each one.  

Important step.  Restart your computer.

Now return to start menu > settings > control panel > device and printers.  Same place you removed the printer from previously. 

At the top of the dialogue, press the add printer button.  When the dialog refreshes, do not click on the printer if it appears in the window. At the very bottom of this dialog, you will see "my printer is not listed".  Select that.  On the next page, select the radio button that says add printer by TCP /iP or hostname.  Select the IP address option.  Now enter the IP address you reserved for the printer on your router.  The dialogue will add the printer and should select the driver you installed previously.  

What this does.  This identifies the printer using an IP address or destination on your network.  This will not change and any device connecting to your network will always be able to find the printer at this destination IP address. 

it's important to note that this is not something specific to Canon and pertains to any network device you connect to your network.  There are devices that visit or "come and go" versus persistent devices like a printer.

If you need more help with any of this, provide the model of your router and I'm happy to try and find an instruction manual for you.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements