cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help choosing a printer/scanner - any help appreciated!

gsnicker
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MP560 printer and a Canoscan 9950F scanner. My printer is having issues and was told by support need to replace it. My Canoscan 9950F scanner hasn't been used in years (hardly ever used before either) but it is no longer supported and doesn't work with Yosemite (no updated available). I want to scan hundreds of photos from my photo albums (and also have a good printer). What is the best all-in-one printer/scanner to do this? I want good quality scans on my photos and am not sure what resolution I need (was told should scan at 300 DPI - is that right?) - the quality of these photos is important in case I would want to print them out in the future, etc. Can I get by with an all-in-one printer/scanner or am I best off going with a cheaper printer and getting another canoscan? The ink cartridges for the MP560 are relatively expensive also - and found that cheaper refilled cartridges cause harm to the printer. What is my best options for this set-up without costing an arm and leg for print cartridges, etc. Thanks in advance for any and all opinions/help and feel free to ask any other questions - Oh, I use a Macintosh computer also.

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The most comparable replacement to the MP560 would be the PIXMA MG6620.  This unit will be able to perform high quality photo printouts, document printouts and also perform scans.  More information on this unit can be found at this link.

If you plan on scanning film, our latest film scanner would be the CanoScan 9000F Mark II.  More information can be found at this link.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements