cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MG3120 Won't scan

Eddy-Words
Apprentice

I recently (a month ago) received a new M3120 printer as gift, and it (the scanner included) was working perfectly fine. Though as of yesterday I noticed that when I tried to scan a photo a message window popped up saying error: 2, 140, 21.  Printer is in use, and closed the window for my scanner drive. Yet the printer was untouched. No one had used the printer before I had and then suddenly turned it off before it could print anything, nor had I tried to print anything on it while scanning. 

Currently running windows 8.1 for the OS, and the drivers all appear to be up to date as well.

If anyone could tell me how to remedy this, it'd be a great help.

5 REPLIES 5

Crista
Whiz

Hi Eddy-Words!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer you have and what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

merrymary247
Rising Star
When you look at the printer in the control panel, does it have ".ws" listed after the name? Are there any other computers that the printer is installed on in the house? Are you using it via USB or wireless?

There is now .ws listed after my printer when I view it in the control panel, as for it being linked to any other computers mine is currently the only one that it is connected to. I'm using it via USB.

".ws" indicates it's using a generic Windows driver instead of the Canon ones. I'd delete that instance of the printer from the control panel and reinstall just the MP drivers from the website.

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg3120#Drive...

Ah, alright. I'll try reinstalling them to see if that takes care of the problem. Thank you for the help.

Announcements