cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Not scanning into separate documents from the ADF.

comictommy
Apprentice

I am trying to put a stack of docs in the ADF and then scan them into individual pdf or jpg files. No matter what I do, I can not make this work. Can someone please step by step me through the setup of this?  Thank you.

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi comictommy,

Please click on the Settings button and then Document Scan.

figure: Settings dialog box

In the Save Settings section, next to Data Format, please choose PDF.

If PDF (Multiple Pages) is selected, all of your pages will be scanned and saved as one PDF file.

If PDF is selected, all of your pages will be scanned and saved as individual PDF files.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The IJ Scan Utility program controls the scanning function.  It appears that the ADF is set to save to multiple-paged PDF files. 

Open the IJ Scan Utility program on your comptuer and go to Settings.  Once there, click the "Scanning from the Operation Panel" tab on the upper left.  You can adjust the setings from there.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I do not have the "Scanning from the Operation Panel" button.  Here is a screen shot.

scan shot.jpg

and then:

scan shot_002.jpg

I have been through every tab and not one gives me the option of scanning into individual files.

Thanks!

Tom

Hello.

Select the "Scanning from the Operation Panel" tab on the upper left.  It is the center of the three tabs next to the picture of the tools.

If you continue to have difficulties with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Michael, 

I am sorry. I am computer literate and I feel like a fool here.  Please tell me where the setting is in the picture below. I do not see an option to determine one vs. many sheets in the same PDF.  Thank you.

scan shot_003.jpg

Hi comictommy,

Please click on the Settings button and then Document Scan.

figure: Settings dialog box

In the Save Settings section, next to Data Format, please choose PDF.

If PDF (Multiple Pages) is selected, all of your pages will be scanned and saved as one PDF file.

If PDF is selected, all of your pages will be scanned and saved as individual PDF files.

Just saw this reply today, Patrick - Thank you. My foolishness did not understand the pdf vs pdf multiple pages thing. I am now officially old and am turning in my Computer Literacy Card. Thanks again!
Announcements