cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP190, Ink Shown Adequate But Printing Is Faint

indyken
Apprentice

Still using my original ink cartridges. Both ink supplies are shown as adequate, but suddenly my black/white printing has become very faint. I have tried jet nozzle cleaning, but no improvement.

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello indyken.

If the issue persists after cleanings have been performed, it may be possible that the nozzles are clogged or dried out.  Please replace the black cartridge with a new PG-30 or PG-40 to resume normal printing.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael, before your answer was received I received this from Canon Support :

"If cleaning the printhead does not help, the unit will require service.

If the unit requires service, there are a few options that Canon offers.  For units which have been purchased within the past year, Canon offers the Warranty Exchange and repair at an Canon Authorized Service Facility (ASF).  Both options are covered under the warranty and there would be no cost to you for either option.  For units purchased outside the one year warranty period, the unit may be repaired at the ASF for a fee, or you can enroll in Canon's Loyalty Program."

However, I installed a new PG40 ink cartridge and everything seems to work okay. I still wonder why original cartridge showed "adequate" but print was very faint.

I have had this problem for a long time but I just pressed and held down the screwdriver button on my printer and it has just done a perfect print!  It just shows, ignorance is no barrier to progress

Announcements