cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! MegaTank PIXMA G7020 Ghosting/blurring issue

agent_splat
Apprentice

In that last couple weeks we started noticing some ghosting on our printouts.  It's blurry like almost having double vision when you look at it.  Text and pictures.  It happens with both of our computers, both Macintosh.

Here's what I've tried so far: 

1. Cleaning/deep cleaning print heads and aligning print head both a few times.

2. Updated to the most recent driver just today for Mac OS Sonoma.

3.  I think this is a software issue.  It seems to print OK when I print from a Microsoft Word document, and it also prints just fine when I'm using the printer's copy function.  It seems like the main problem is if I print off of a webpage.  It has never had this problem before the last couple weeks.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

agent_splat
Apprentice

HI again:  Javier from tech support worked with me on this issue and we fixed it!!

Instructions for what we did here: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART177595

Use a flashlight to find that clear strip and look at it from different angles.  If there's smudges it can be cleaned gently with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.  I cleaned the front then bent the q-tip so I could carefully clean the back.  The strip is pretty flimsy so be careful.  Worked perfectly and fixed my ghosting/blurring issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Welcome to the Canon Community!

The Community isn't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is urgent, click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE for support options. 

agent_splat
Apprentice

HI again:  Javier from tech support worked with me on this issue and we fixed it!!

Instructions for what we did here: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART177595

Use a flashlight to find that clear strip and look at it from different angles.  If there's smudges it can be cleaned gently with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.  I cleaned the front then bent the q-tip so I could carefully clean the back.  The strip is pretty flimsy so be careful.  Worked perfectly and fixed my ghosting/blurring issue.

Announcements