cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX882 for Mac OS X 10.8.4

BigGulps
Apprentice

Hello,

I am trying to print pdf files from a Canon MX882 from a macbook air, but it takes a while for the document to spool. Other printers that have been used on this computer don't have the same issue with pdfs. The MX882 takes awhile to spool because it seems to make the document larger than it is. One pdf page printing on an HP printer yields 200kb yet on the Canon it's 11mb. I have tried installing the latest driver from the website and also tried the CUPS driver, but I wasn't able to locate the CUPS driver after installing the pkg. The only way I can get any pdf file to print faster is if I check print as image within Adobe and change the dpi to <150. The printout is legible, but not as crisp as it should be. Are there alternative drivers I can try with the Mac either generic or from another model?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi BigGulps,

The latest CUPS as well as other required driver files for the printer can be downloaded from the Canon USA website.  The following link will take you to the initial download page for your PIXMA MX882:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx882#Dr...

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that your operating system type is selected correctly in the OPERATING SYSTEM field.  If it is not, please select your operating system from the drop-down field. 

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click the MINI MASTER SETUP file.  This will download the CUPS as well as all other required driver files for the printer.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear. 

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver. 

Hope this helps!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us .

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

As per my original post I already tried installing the latest drivers from your website. PDF documents still take too long to spool. I need an alternative driver to work on Mac OS X Mountain Lion.

Announcements