cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRAZY! Cannot scan after switching from PC to Mac on Pixma 882 multifunction.

bluemontuser
Apprentice

My Pixma window settings show my old PC in the little window on the printer: "my compaq". I switched to a mac mini and downloaded Yosemite.  I can print but cannot even find the scanner.  

DId all the protocols: removed all previous software, went to app store, reinstallled.  The navigator download had to override the secutity settings, but i did that. I see lots of instructions about Not using the Canon downloads but rather going to Apple, which I did.  Dont know why the navigator didn't pass security but, whatever.

I place a doc in the flatbed and press scan and get the message "Set the PC to start scanning".  Have spent the entire day tring different avenues to get the scanner to show up. Nada.

I'm wondering if its because my Pixma thinks I still have a PC?

I am using my wireless connection but the printer function is fine.

This is just crazy.  Does anyone have an idea why the scanner wont show up? What to do?  Many thanks

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi bluemontuser,

You will want to use the  IJ Network Scanner Selector EX to specify the scanner you want to use.  By specifying the scanner, you can scan over the network using your computer.  To ensure the scanner is setup for wireless scanning, please follow the steps located here.  Should you sitll experience difficulty scanning wirelessly, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements