cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL-276XL defect

Taiho
Apprentice

How does Canon replace/refund a defect ink cartridge?

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello.

If the cartridge was purchased from Canon USA directly, you'll find information about the return policy HERE.
You can log into your My Canon Account at https://canon.us/account

If your cartridge was purchased elsewhere, you'll want to reach out to the retailer for your options.

Hi Stephen, 

Thank you for your response.  I bought it from Amazon.  They say it is not eligible for return.  I am surprised that Canon does not want to own the issue by which it could improve its quality control.  I always bought Canon genuine product to avoid defect.  Now that I know that Canon does not stand strong behind its products, I will probably start buying after market brands.  Again, thank you for your time.

Hi there,

You can also try calling and speaking with our support team if your printer is still within service life! Check out if it qualifies for support HERE.

Once you've registered and logged into your My Canon Account, toward the bottom, along the left, you'll see a button that says "Service & Support." Click that, then you'll see your registered products. From that screen, you'll see a red "GET SERVICE & SUPPORT" button on the right of your product. Select that. It will ask you to verify your serial number and purchase date, then click "Product Support." From there, it will let you know which support options are available for your printer. 

Hope this helps!

Announcements