cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to live stream with a Canon EOS C100 video camera

Ben2013
Apprentice

Hi, I'm very new to live streaming and have been having some problems getting it set up. I'm hoping to live stream through Google Hangout on Air, but haven't been able to live stream through anything at this point.

The equipment I am using is:

-A Canon EOS C100 with HDMI out
-A Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt with HDMI in and Thunderbolt cable out
-A 13-inch Early 2011 MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt cable in
-Audio cable connecting the video camera to the Shuttle 

I've been using Flash Media Live Encoder to try to get the camera live stream setup. The Blackmagic settings do show up in Flash Media Live Encoder but I can't get the picture to show up. (The picture does show up in FMLE if I use the Mac's built-in FaceTime HD Camera). 

So, does anyone know how I can get the picture from the Canon C100 video camera to show up? There are quite a few Blackmagic settings, and I've tried each with no success. Any and all help with this matter is greatly appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

I had the same experience with having to change to 59.94 even when filming 30P due to the HDMI output default.  I'm still able to record my master at whatever frame rate for later editing.  I've only used the Blackmagic Intensity Extreme which works great for single camera livestreams.  

Stephon Litwinczuk
Founder/Creative Producer

Oneness Media

www.1nessmedia.com

Transformative Media Producer
Oneness Media

Cajunrev
Apprentice
I need help with using canon Vixia 80hd with Matrox monarch hd
Announcements