Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.MP4 file won't play - recorded in the C100 Mark II

Jesskaat
Apprentice

Hello all,

My first post here.

I've got a new C100 Mark II. I just recorded 5 interviews in .MP4 35MPS mode. All interviews are fine, except for #3. It's in two clips. One is 4 gig and the second is 2 gig. The 2 gig file won't play, won't import into Premiere Pro. It WILL play in the camera. Any suggestions or ideas why this would happen? This makes me pretty nervous about using the camera........

Jessica

7 REPLIES 7

Jesskaat
Apprentice

I'm on a Windows 7 pro machine with i7, 24 gigs ram, quadro 4000

Adobe Creative Suite 2014

Have you tried playing it back in Windows Media Player and/or QuickTime?

It could have a corrupt bit of data. If you can open it with a converter, I suggest you just convert it to a different format.

Whatever the problem is, I think it's not very common. Did you power down the camera or pull the battery while recording?

hello,

...and sorry for the late reply.

The file will not play in VLC, or Media player. In Quicktime, I get this message: Error -2002:a bad public movie atom was found in the movie.

It won't import to Premiere pro either.

As I think back on the day....after that interview was concluded, I switched to media to look at the clip and got a message that it was locked. So, I shut down the camera and pulled the sd card. It wasn't locked. I put it back in and then played the clip back successfully. I'm wondering now, if I didn't end the recording but just switched to media. Would that do it?

Can you suggest a converter?

Thanks so much for your help.

Jessica

Haven't come into this problem, but most of my friends use handbrake (it's free), may it helps.

unfortunately, Handbrake won't scan the file. Just does nothing with it. I guess it's hopelessly corrupted.....

Jessica, it sorta sounds like you didn't give the camera time to "close out" the file -- like maybe you switched to media before stopping the recording.

Janekong
Enthusiast

I guess so too since handbrake cannot deal with it. 

Announcements