Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

C100 Mark II scratched EVF.

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, greetings from Greece! I own a C100 Mark2, and recently while cleaning the EVF it got scratched pretty bad (see picture). The coating actually came off. I spoke with the official Canon Service in Greece, but they need to send the camera in Europe, for a cost repair estimate, and it is going to take a long time, about a month. I searched google, but cannot find an aswer to my problem. So I am asking for your help! Is there a way that I can repair it myself? And if there isn't can someone please tell me what would you think the cost estimate will be? I'm just asking for a very GENERAL estimate, like "it would be around xxx euros". 

I am pretty worried. Thank you very much!

IMG_9481.JPG

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: C100 Mark II scratched EVF.

Unfortunately, there is no way to give you a good answer except from Canon. It may be covered as a warranty repair, too.

I know my Canon USA repairs happen in 3-4 business days, so a month may be estimating on the long side.