cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C100 Internal Rattle Normal?

onyxcinema
Apprentice

Hi there,

We just got the C100 and took it on a couple of shoots. I didn't really notice it at first since I was so excited to use the camera but there seems to be a rattle in the camera when it's moved around, especially handheld. It's almost as if there's a loose piece of plastic wiggling around inside. I thought that maybe it was the lens attached, so tested it without a lens and still the same noise.

Is this normal? If not, what might be the issue? Thanks a bunch!

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

Hello Onyxcinema,

We are sorry to hear that your EOS C100 seems to have a rattling noise when moved.  The eyepiece on the EOS C100 has the plus and minus adjustment underneath, the dioptric adjustment lever.  The eyepiece physically moves forwards or backwards, and we believe that because of this, you notice a rattling if shaken. 

Try to hold the viewfinder/ dioptric adjustment lever, and move the camera around.  Hopefully you do not hear the noise anymore.  Therefore, your camera should be operating normally, provided that this is the noise you hear.

If this is a matter of urgency, please feel free to contact us through our EOS Cinema Support Site

You would be able to contact us through Phone or Email Support.  I hope you have a great day!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements