Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Auto Focus Help needed

Hello Forum I need your help.  We bought a C300 Markii recently and I'm learning the camera which should be great once I learn it.  However, I cannot seem to change the AF Speed.  I currently have the camera's focus set to: 

AF Mode: Continuous

AF Frame Position: Selectable

AF Frame Size: Small 

Face Detection & Tracking: Face Only

AF Speed is Grayed out when I do select grayed out AF Speed it displays error message "This function is not compatible with current lens."  However, I've tried multiple lenses including the Canon 85mm 1.2 and the 16-35mm F2.8.  Btw, I am running the current firmware 1.1.

Any advice would be awesome....

Highlighted
Product Expert
Product Expert

Re: Auto Focus Help needed

Hello Canwill35, 

According to the Canon Knowledge Base article linked here, these are not compatible lenses for the adjustable AF speed function.  I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you. 

<https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART162355&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...>

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.