cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SD1100 IS with Zoom Browser 6.1, Not Working

CBX77
Apprentice

I am using at the present time Windows 10 platform. I've used Canon Utilities Zoom Browser EX Ver 6.1.0.20 prior to date with no issues. Zoom Browser does not launch when I turn on my camera. I tried launching Zoom Browser, Connecting to Camera, then I get an error box with "Cannot Detect Camera, Check connection to Camera, Then Retry". I never had any issues before this. I own an older Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Camera, I would like to keep using it. Please advise.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you update Windows and then it stopped working? If not, I would try another USB cable (make sure that it is a data cable.

You can use a card reader to transfer your files to your computer.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

If all you are trying to accomplish is to transfer your photos to your computer, you can do so with a memory card reader plugged into your computer's USB port. You can also try connecting the camera with your USB cable directly to your computer's USB port. Then look in File Explorer for your camera's memory card and transfer files that way.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you update Windows and then it stopped working? If not, I would try another USB cable (make sure that it is a data cable.

You can use a card reader to transfer your files to your computer.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I do not believe ZoomBrowser EX is supported on Windows 10/11.  You could try re-installling it.  Windows Updates tend to delete apps and things that did not originate in the Microsoft Store.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART125348 

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Camera-Software/any-way-to-install-ZoomBrowser-EX-on-Windows-11/m... 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Zoom Browser EX has always loaded previously, with No Problem. It's after this Win10 last upgrade, I've been seeing that the latest software patch is incompatible with ZBEX. I have the original USB data cord that I got with my camera, undamaged. So, its not the camera or USB data cord. I reloaded the software, No Joy. So what are my options now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If all you are trying to accomplish is to transfer your photos to your computer, you can do so with a memory card reader plugged into your computer's USB port. You can also try connecting the camera with your USB cable directly to your computer's USB port. Then look in File Explorer for your camera's memory card and transfer files that way.

I've tried that, but I get a message that "Supported device" not found. I've tried deleting the software, then re-installing. I get a message, "Cannot Detect Camera." I've caved and just ordered an SD card reader that plugs into my USB slot. Thanks so much for the recommendations!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements