cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get DPP version 3?

kizoku42
Apprentice

I need to get a copy of the digital photo professional software to process RAW files.  My problem is that my computer o/s is Linux, not Windows or Mac.  I can download DPP4, to load with WINE, but it doesn't load.  Googling, I find a post that DPP3 would work, but I can't find a download anywhere.  Supposedly version 3 is on the solutions disk that came with my camera, but that's been lost for years now.  Supposedly, again, I can go to the support site for my camera and download it, but I can't find it.

So, exactly where should I go to get the solutions software for my Rebel EOS T7?  Or failing that, DPP3 for Windows.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

johnrmoyer
Mentor
Mentor

Have you tried rawtherapee? I sometimes use it on Debian Linux.

I have also used darktable on my Debian machine.

---
https://www.rsok.com/~jrm/

Peter
Authority
Authority

Here https://www.canon.com.au/support/sims-content?pid=5e262e7704784c768fe89f8a1c1362ef&cid=6D41BAC906114...

No support for T7? Use some native Linux apps instead like RawTherapee/ART/darktable.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

My advice would be this.  Focus on getting a machine with the processing power and memory needed to run DPP4.  Photo and Video editing on underpowered hardware isn't fun.  

EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 29.0A for Windows (For users who cannot use the bundled CD) (cust...

shadowsports_0-1710888149229.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks everybody.  Rick's source for the software worked perfectly but WINE didn't like it either.  So I'm going to try out Darktable.  I'm going to take some .CR2 files tomorrow and play with it.

Thanks again.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements