cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code when trying to install EOS Webcam Utility Pro (PC)

the4getful
Apprentice

I follow the prompts to download the correct utility for my OS (Windows 11). and when it comes to the installing section of the EOS Webcam Utility Pro it gives me an error code:

"Service 'EWCService' (EWCService.exe) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services." 

I have no idea what it means. My EOS utility works fine but I'm trying to use my Canon camera for Twitch and it appears the only way to do that with by using EOS Webcam Utility. Which I can't seem to get it installed no matter how many times I try.

Any help is appreciated.
PS. I have registered to USA.Canon and also registered my camera as well thinking that maybe that's what I needed to do. 

EOS Webcam Utility Pro error screen.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There have been a number of users reporting this issue.  The error message seems to be indicative of some unknown incompatibility with your Windows Platform.  

I suggest that you contact Canon Support and Service directly regarding your issue.  This user forum is neither Canon Support or Service.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There have been a number of users reporting this issue.  The error message seems to be indicative of some unknown incompatibility with your Windows Platform.  

I suggest that you contact Canon Support and Service directly regarding your issue.  This user forum is neither Canon Support or Service.

Thank you for the suggestion to reach Canon Support and Service. I keep trying but the website just keeps sending me to this forum or keeps repeating the FAQ libraries. Is there a direct link to their contact inbox or email?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

“ My EOS utility works fine… “

During the installation, the EOS Utility must not be running.  Also, the EOS Utility Launcher Service must be shut down.  This Windows Service icon can be found in the System Tray near the System Clock.  The icon should look like a little camera, very similar to the EOS Utility icon.

Right-Click on the little camera and select “Exit”.  Try the installation again.  If you are still experiencing issues, then contact Canon Support.  

I did make sure that the EOS Utility was not running and I'm still not having success in installing, even after I reset my laptop.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements