cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R6 and Canon Connect App on iPhone

akaygeller
Apprentice

I am trying to use the Canon Connect App to transfer photos from camera to phone. I have never had a problem previously, last did it in November.

Each time I hit import an error message comes up and says 'to save images on the camera to the smartphone, grant the app access to all photographs'. I then go to settings on my iPhone and the app has no option for photos....only has options for location, bluetooth, local network, Siri & search, and notifications.

Any suggestions? I have deleted and reinstalled app multiple times. The photo access should either pop up in the app or come up under the app settings but does not. I have no other way to import the pictures.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Corp device was just a thought.  I figured it was a long shot..  

A USB card reader is always a failsafe option.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For clarity, what model iPhone are you using.  What version of iOS is installed?  What version of the CC App are you using?

Is this a personal or corporate device?  If corp, is it possible your employer does not allow these types of Apps?

Have you tried restarting the phone?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

akaygeller
Apprentice

Hi! iOS 16.4.1 and CC App is 3.0.11.24. It is a corporate device but I have done this multiple times on the same corporate device with no issue and there has been no changes since November to any rules regarding this but can double check that.

If this does not work - any tips on loading the pictures onto a personal MacBook?

Thank you so much for your quick reply!!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Corp device was just a thought.  I figured it was a long shot..  

A USB card reader is always a failsafe option.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you so much!! The USB reader worked!!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements