cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Get Camera feed in EOS WEbcam utility to appear on facebook live

shane333
Apprentice

I have a Canon M50 connect to my Macbookwith via a usb cable. The video appears in the EOS Utility but not on the Facebook live set-up page. On the FB Live page it recognizes the EOS Utility under the webcam options but no picture is displayed. 

Also, I have a comica lavalier mic I want to use that's also connected via usb to the computer. There seems to be no option for it on the drop down menu on the FB Live page under microphones. It only has the macbook and iphone microphones as options. 

Please help. Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What computer Operating System are you using?

If you were using Windows, then you must shut down the regular EOS Utility and disable the EOS Utility Launcher Service.  The Launcher blocks the Webcam Utility from accessing the camera when it is running.

The EOS Launcher detects cameras connected via USB, determines the model, and then launches either EOSU 2 or EOSU 3.  The EOSU Launcher can be find in the system tray near the system clock.  If you see a camera icon, righ-click on it and select “Exit”.

There are probably similar apps and drivers on a Mac machine.

Next the camera probably needs to be switched to movie mode.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What computer Operating System are you using?

If you were using Windows, then you must shut down the regular EOS Utility and disable the EOS Utility Launcher Service.  The Launcher blocks the Webcam Utility from accessing the camera when it is running.

The EOS Launcher detects cameras connected via USB, determines the model, and then launches either EOSU 2 or EOSU 3.  The EOSU Launcher can be find in the system tray near the system clock.  If you see a camera icon, righ-click on it and select “Exit”.

There are probably similar apps and drivers on a Mac machine.

Next the camera probably needs to be switched to movie mode.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shane333
Apprentice

Thank you, that fixed it! 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements