cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel XTi SD-to-CF card adapter compatibility question

ahmost22
Apprentice

Hi, could I purchase a cf to sd adapter like this one and use it inside of the camera with an sd card in it, or would I have to get a cf card on its own?

1.JPG

[Commercial link removed in accordance with Community guidelines and replaced with screenshot to serve as visual aid.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I would not.  Using adapters typically leads to all types of issues.  Furthermore, this is being sold on Amazon by some "chenyang Store".  Who knows what that is and if this would even work.

If you need a CF card, get one from a reputable store that sells camera gear such as B&H Photo and Adorama to name a couple.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I would not.  Using adapters typically leads to all types of issues.  Furthermore, this is being sold on Amazon by some "chenyang Store".  Who knows what that is and if this would even work.

If you need a CF card, get one from a reputable store that sells camera gear such as B&H Photo and Adorama to name a couple.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi an welcome

Cameras do not work well with adapted cards. If you want to be sure of reliability I would recommend getting the correct card.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

normadel
Authority
Authority

CF-to-SD adapters, like the one shown, can't be used for one simple reason, even if you wanted to try it.......the SD card sticks out the side of the adapter. It will not even fit into the camera!

Thanks

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements