cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backpack for photographers

JFG
Enthusiast

I purchased a Lowepro ProTactic BP 350 AW II and wanted to share it with all and specially those that are looking for a great backpack to carry your camera gear.   I looked for one that would carry my R6 Mark II, RF 24-105MM, RF 70-200MM and my Sigma 150-600mm C.  I found that I could fit all of the aforementioned gear and more in the Lowepro BP 350 AW II.  It fits snug enough that the gear doesn't shake and its well protected.   Lowepro also makes the BP 450 AW II which is a bit larger and will accommodate more gear.  I decided to go with the BP 350 AW II because I bring my camera equipment when I travel, and the BP 450 AW II may not meet some of the airlines in Europe carryon restrictions.  The dimensions of the BP 350 AW II are : 11.81x7.08×18.5 inches.  The 450 AW II : 14.7×8.66×20.47 inches.  Let me know what you think.   🙂

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Joe,

I purchased the same but a 450 because I needed the room for my 14 in laptop.  This is going with me to Alaska next month.  I think I'm okay with carry on.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick, I did some more research on the Airline dimension requirements and the BP 450 AW II will be goood for most airlines.

Carry-on accepted by most airlines maximum size would be 56 x 36 x 23 cm (22 x 14 x 9 inches) (including all handles and wheels). The 450 AW II : 14.7 × 8.66 × 20.47 inches.

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 8 laptop that is 13" and the BP 350 AW II protects up to a 15" laptop.  I figured that if I got a 450 it would temp me to carry more stuff..  😆   Anyway,  they're both great backpacks..  You'll enjoy that 450 👍

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

Hey Rick, is your trip to Alaska on a tour or on your own?   In any case don't forget to post pictures and let us know how your BP ProTactic 450 AW II backpack faired.  Bon Voyage !

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th