cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF200 Video Editing With Windows 11 Software Recommendations

Texas_Red_01
Apprentice

I have a Canon VIXIA HF200. The PIXELA software that came with it is no longer supported. Can anyone recommend an entry-level software, compatible with Win 11, that will allow editing the .MTS files created by this camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Where I would look.  Windows 11 Pro includes Clip Champ.  I just started messing with it last week.  Only looked at it for 15 min.  MP4 is supported.

Divinci Resolve (Black Magic Designs website). This is the real deal as far as video editing goes.   Its free.  If you want to buy it, $295 for the studio version.  Check the site for free vs. paid version.  For your camera, the free version should work fine.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Where I would look.  Windows 11 Pro includes Clip Champ.  I just started messing with it last week.  Only looked at it for 15 min.  MP4 is supported.

Divinci Resolve (Black Magic Designs website). This is the real deal as far as video editing goes.   Its free.  If you want to buy it, $295 for the studio version.  Check the site for free vs. paid version.  For your camera, the free version should work fine.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

badgerboy
Contributor

I also used to use PIXELA with my old Canon before it got outdated. I've since switched to Movavi, which has been pretty straightforward for editing .MTS files and is compatible with both Windows 11 and Mac. It's got all the basic editing functions you'd probably need. For diving into more of its features or if you're looking to combine videos, this article has some good pointers: https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/combine-videos-windows-10.html.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements