cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn on CP function on Vixia HF G70

fnp2007
Apprentice

I purchased a Canon Vixia HF G70 camcorder on February 12, 2024 and am new to using the camcorder. My CP Function is not highlighted and I don't know how to turn it on. I know it is probably something simple that I have not noticed yet. I read the manual but it is not clear on how to turn it on. Would someone please assist me.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sorry, your question is not clear to me.  Are you referring to the Camera's menu as CP Function?

Thats accessed by pressing the menu button on the back lower right corner of the device.  You can navigate this menu using the joystick or by using your finger on the touch screen.  The available options vary depending on the mode the camera is on.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes, I am sorry. I was talking about my camera's CP function in the menu. I believe CP is Custom Picture in the manual. I had the camera in camera mode and the CP Function was greyed out. I navigated the menu using the joystick and the CP Function was not available to turn on. Should I be in the media mode to get to the CP function to turn on. 

Thank you

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Yea, no idea what "CP" is.  Searching the User Manual on that reveals no results.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hi

The manual mentions Custom Picture and I believe that is what the CP Function is.

Thanks

ktonas
Apprentice

To activate the CP Function, set you camera to MANUAL mode, its the switch next to the zoom rocker button on top of camera.  Default is set to "AUTO" which locks the CP Function as well as the ND Filter. Set it to "M".

Announcements