Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

xc15 lens

Hi, I want to buy the canon xc15 4k camera to shoot independent shorts.  Might be a bone headed question but which wide angle lenses compatible with it?  

Honored Contributor

Re: xc15 lens

JohnRobert1 wrote:

Hi, I want to buy the canon xc15 4k camera to shoot independent shorts.  Might be a bone headed question but which wide angle lenses compatible with it?  

The XC15 does not allow for interchangeable lenses.  It uses an integrated zoom with a 35mm equivalent range of 27.3-273mm 

Canon XC15 Support Page  

If you wish use interchangeable EF mount lenses, then you need to look into the digital cinema cameras from Canon, instead of a professional digital camcorder.  The C100 is in the price range of the XC15, but it does not offer 4K video. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  I would like to shoot high-quality footage for broadcast on a budget whats my best options?  The c-100 or xc15 or another around $2,500?  already have t5i not great. 

Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello JohnRobert1, 

The best camera if you're wanting to shoot high quality broadcast footage on a budget then the XC15 would be the best choice.  It gives you more recording flexibility with regards to the image quality.  You can also add either a wide angle adapter or telephoto adapter to this camera to extend the range of the lens.  

Both the Canon WD-H58W wide converter and Canon TL-H58 tele-converter lens are compatible.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.