cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which camcorder can I use to live stream?

sonto
Apprentice

I would like to find a camcorder that I can connect to my computer to do live streaming. Please give me your suggestion.

5 REPLIES 5

paul-2011
Apprentice

As far as I am concerned regardless of the camera model that you will be using you will need also a video capture device with a HDMI input to receive the video on your computer, be it an external USB card or internal PCIex card, eg: Mygica Cap X, Avermedia Live Gamer, LGP Lite, Easy Cap Ez284, etc, etc

Most capture devices come with their own software but you can always use OBS (Open Broadcast Software) to live stream any video input device to YouTube, Twitch, etc.

@paul-2011 wrote:

As far as I am concerned regardless of the camera model that you will be using you will need also a video capture device with a HDMI input to receive the video on your computer, be it an external USB card or internal PCIex card, eg: Mygica Cap X, Avermedia Live Gamer, LGP Lite, Easy Cap Ez284, etc, etc

Most capture devices come with their own software but you can always use OBS (Open Broadcast Software) to live stream any video input device to YouTube, Twitch, etc.

Yes, I have a capture device, but when I connect my Vixia HF R80 using HDMI, there is no picture. I need a recommendation on a low budget camcorder that can give me a live feed through HDMI. Any suggestion?

In that case there must be something wrong, your camera model is capable of outputing audio/video thought the HDMI mini connector no problem, plug and play.

You need to troubleshoot it, first try to connect the camera directly to a monitor or TV and see if it outputs anything, if not then try a different cable.

@paul-2011 wrote:

In that case there must be something wrong, your camera model is capable of outputing audio/video thought the HDMI mini connector no problem, plug and play.

You need to troubleshoot it, first try to connect the camera directly to a monitor or TV and see if it outputs anything, if not then try a different cable.

Thank you for that suggestion. I connected it to my tv and was able to view the feed perfectly. The problem must be my capture card, or me not knowing how to use it. 🙂

Check if you installed the capture card drivers and then use OBS to preview the stream if you card shows up under the list of installed devices.

obs64_2017-12-21_17-33-16.png

Announcements