cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vixia HF R600 (cannot record on this memory card)

Litt1e_cesar
Apprentice

Hello I've been having troubles recording with my camcorder and now it just gives me the cannot record on this memory card message every time I try to. I've changed the SD card multiple times even reformatted some to see if that was the problem but It didn't seem to help. I also made sure that it wasn't manually locked. Has anyone had this problem if so could you fix it? If you did could you please share with me, how you did it. Thank you 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

VideoGeek
Mentor

What brand, size, type, speed SD card are you using?  What recording settings are you using?

well im using sandisk SD Cards and ive tried a 16,32, and 64gb. the speed of them im not sure. For the rcording settings I have the movie format as AVCHD and the video quality on FXP

Hi Litt1e_cesar,

I think VideoGeek is on the right track.

Your camcorder will accept the following memory cards:

• Secure Digital (SD) memory cards that support a maximum of 2 GB
  • Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) memory cards that support capacities up to 32 GB
  • Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (SDXC) memory cards that support capacities more than 32GB

While we don't recommend specific brands or models of cards, we do recommend that you use a memory card produced by a major manufacturer that closely adhere to the current industry standards. You may see the standards at sdcard.org.

We recommend against the use of cards that require an adapter to fit in the camcorder (i.e. micro-SD or Mini-SD). The increase in the number of connections between the camcorder and memory card (from the memory card to the adapter, then from the adapter to the camcorder) makes a malfunction more likely.

Finally, your camcorder does not support memory cards using the UHS-I or UHS-II standards. While these cards should be backward compatible with older memory card standards, not all of them will work. Please check with the card manufacturer for details regarding backward compatibility with the Speed Class 10 or Speed Class 6 card standards.

If the memory cards you're using already meet these specifications, I recommend that you contact our technical support team.  For contact options, please use this link:  http://Canon.us/ContactCF

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

For anyone with card problems, make sure you format the card in the camera, not, for instance on a computer, before using it for the first time.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1
Announcements