cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the 'power button' on my Canon Vixia HF21 camcorder does not work. What now? (battery's fine ).

DM47
Apprentice

The  'power button' on my Canon Vixia HF21 camcorder doesn't respond. What now? Battery is fine & charged.

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Check the door to the battery compartment.  Make sure that it is cleanly and fully closed.  Make sure that the door to a memory card is properly closed, too. 

If it is still not powering up after checking the doors, then I would contact Canon U.S. support for additional guidance. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks.  I contacted  'Camcorder Repair' , and they said (for whatever reason ) about almost of the Vixia series' power switch will need replacing after 300 - 500 HRS' use.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DM47,

Thank you for posting.

Regrettably, the service life for the VIXIA HF21 has expired. I recommend contacting our Sales and Accessories Department for the options available to you. You may reach them by calling (866) 443-8002 seven days a week (except holidays), 8am to Midnight. Be sure to have your serial number for your camcorder at the time of your call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank You.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements