cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Can't Record" Error

mkmkap90
Apprentice

Hello, My name is Yahav and I have a problem with my camcorder, the camcorder I'm using is a Canon VIXIA HF R600 and while I was recording the camcorder suddenly stopped recording after 6 min and it said "Can't record" and ever since then I can no longer record with it since I keep getting the same error whenever I try and record. The SD card still have a lot of space to record on, also I can't even connect the camcorder to a pc to transfer what I've recorded before it stopped, it's just not detecting it. I would like to know if there is anything I could do or if the camcorder is done for.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Take a look at our knowledgebase article with step by step instructions to initialize your memory card https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164629&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

Hope this helps and if you do have any questions on this or any other features of the camera please give a call to our award winning US based technical support team and they can answer any questions you have! 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 10:00 am to 10:00 pm 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello Yahav!

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA!

We suggest trying a brand new, good name brand SDHC card. Format the card in the camera (not on your computer), and see if that resolves your issue.

If it doesn't, you'll want to reach out to support for further troubleshooting. Support here in the US can be reached by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) Monday through Friday from 10am to 10pm (ET). 

If you're outside of the USA, you'll want to get in touch with Canon in your country or region. Click HERE to find your support options. 

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll buy a new card tomorrow, however I'm unsure how to format the card on my camera.

Take a look at our knowledgebase article with step by step instructions to initialize your memory card https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164629&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

Hope this helps and if you do have any questions on this or any other features of the camera please give a call to our award winning US based technical support team and they can answer any questions you have! 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 10:00 am to 10:00 pm 

I've done exactly as you said, and I'm now able to record again, thanks for the support.

Announcements