cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

playing computer edited video on xa 20

dmnelson
Apprentice

Hello,

I've been enjoying shooting mp4 files and editing in adobe pp for a few years. Usually finished videos are uploaded to vimeo. I was asked to present a video using a projector in hd, preferably with hdmi. I'm wondering if it's possible to output an mp4 file which can be read and played by the xa20. If so what are the settings needed to do so. My attempts at creating an mp4 with the same frame rate as original files has failed so far. Thank for any advice.

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

dmnelson, 

I understand what you are attempting to do which sounds like produce a video and, using the XA20 as essentially a reader which is able to connect to a projector via HDMI.  This would be versus playing a file recorded by the XA20 played back off its media via HDMI to a projector, as that is not difficult to get done.  Since we interpret this as the former, I regret to say that I do not know of any method which would allow you to digitally create a file to output to and have read by, the XA20.  We're sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time.  

If this is a file from a computer, you may consider using a laptop as the playback source and use something like VLC as the media player. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements