cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get the cassette to eject

melissamunro
Apprentice

I was trying to get my DV part of my camcord to pick up on my computer.  Which I am having a hard time with.   So I took out the firewire card and restarted the computer and then turn it off again.  Put the firewire card back in.  I was hooking up the camcorder to pick up on the computer again when I hit play on the camcorder.  Nothing happen but to remove the battery supply.  I put the battery back in turn it on.  Then I get Eject the cassette.  So I did.  I get the cassette need to be eject again.  This time nothing but noise that it trying to eject it.    I got the thing in 2004. 

3 REPLIES 3

Crista
Whiz

Hi melissamunro!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what camcorder you own. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Thanks!

I have a ZR65MC camcorder.  Pleaase help me I have a very special filming of my grandfather funeral on it.  I just like to save the tape. 

Mykolas
Authority

Hi melissamunro,

If the tape will not eject, then it will need to be removed by one of our technicians at our Factory Service Center.  I recommend that you send it to one of the Factory Service Centers below, whichever is closer to you current location:

Canon Factory Service Center
100 Ridge Road
Jamesburg, NJ  08831

or

Canon Factory Service Center
15955 Alton Parkway
Irvine, CA  92618

Please make sure to include a very detailed letter with the camcorder, describing the issue and that you really need to recover the tape because of what is recorded on the tape.  Include your name, shipping address and contact information on the letter.

Upon arrival at the Factory Service Center, your camcorder will be logged in to our database and assigned a repair number.  When the technicians evaluate the camcorder, you may receive an estimate from the Factory Service Center for your approval.  If you approve the estimate, the repairs will begin.  If you decline, they will ship the camcorder back to you free of charge.

Once you have confirmed with your shipper that the camcorder has been delivered, you are more than welcome to contact us for updates. Please include your name, address, and telephone number, as well as the serial number of the camera, in all status inquiries.

Please note that our Factory Service Centers are unable to accept packages from or return them to addresses outside the United States.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements