cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to fix all videos importing with same date?

gerberdaisy
Apprentice

hi, i have a canon vixia hfs 20, and every video clip from the time i first bought the camcorder imports with the same date, april 2015. the data code  set up with date and time, timezone is correct, and the time and date themselves are correct. my imac is set up correctly. for some reason, everything is still importing into photos with the same date from april 2015. i thought it was because the clips might be associated with a playlist, but that doesn't appear to be the case. any advice? thx!

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Gerberdaisy,

Thank you for posting.

I recommend that you transfer all movies and images from your camcorder, then clearing of the memory (built-in and memory card) by initializing it.  I recommend that you use the "Complete Initialization" option.  Here's how:

At the time of purchase, the built-in memory comes pre-initialized and contains music files for use as background music during playback.

Attention:

• Initializing the memory will permanently erase all recordings. Lost original recordings cannot be recovered. Make sure you save important recordings in advance using an external device.
  • Initializing a memory card will permanently erase any music files you may have transferred to the card.
  • At the time of purchase, Eye-Fi cards contain the necessary network configuration software. Be sure to install the software and complete the required configuration setup before you initialize the Eye-Fi card prior to using it with this camcorder.

1. Power the camcorder using the compact power adapter.

Important:

Do not disconnect the power source or turn off the camcorder until the initialization is completed.

2. Set the mode switch to <M>.

3. Turn on the camcorder.

4. Touch [ ].

5. Touch [Menu].

6. Touch [ ].

7. Drag your finger up and down bring [ Initialize */ ] into the orange selection bar, and touch inside the frame on the right.

8. Touch [Built-in Mem.], [Mem. Card A*] or [Mem. Card B*].

9. Touch [Initialize].

10. Touch [Yes] to start initialization.

Reference:

• Touch [Complete Initialization] this option if you want to physically erase all the data rather than just clear the file allocation table of the memory.

• If you selected the [Complete Initialization] option, you can touch [b] to cancel the initialization while it is in progress. All recordings will be erased and the memory can be used without any problem.

11. Touch [OK].

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements