cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

elura 90 digitize 8mil tapes

anon125
Enthusiast

i understand that the rca cables are not as good as firewire- whatever that is!

we have a windows 7 computer with USB and firewire ports.

what do i need and what is the best way to get as good quality as they were recorded.

putting the video onto a hard drive

just when was the elura 90 sold?

thanks all

5 REPLIES 5

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

It looks like the Elura 90 was a fairly new camcorder around 2005-2006.

If you don't already have the user manual you can download a copy of it here.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/camcorders/support-minidv-camcorde...

Probably the best way to transfer video from the camera to your computer is via the Firewire port. I seem to recall that Firewire was originally developed especially to aid in quickly transferring large files of data such as those produced by video cameras. The manual will show you how to connect things up. Do you have the cables that were supplied with the camera? If not I'd assume they can still be found online.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Use a FW cable as burn unit recommends.

Camera has a 4 pin port.  You will need to confirm what port the card on your PC has (6 pin is typical) for add-on card.

DV_FW.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thanks guys

the pc is a toshiba satellite P500

Use the image above and determine which port your laptop has..  then buy the corresponding FW cable.  4pin to 4pin, or 4pin to 6pin

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thanks

Announcements