cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XA25 Camcorder not recording audio

JenniferT
Apprentice

Recording with XA25 Pro HD.  Suddenly all recordings have no audio.  I have tried troubleshooting, using built in mic, external mic and wireless mic and with all three no audio records.  I have read manual and been through troubelshooting guide.  I have changed batteries in the wireless mic.  I have played back old footage that does have audio and confirmed all volume settings are correct.  I am at a loss as to  why I cannot get any audio recordings no matter was mic set up I am using. Any ideas offered would be appreciated.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello JenniferT, 

When this occurs is your wireless microphone connected to the camera or disconnected?  If the issue persists you may need to consider setting up an evaluation on the Canon web site, here

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

santonm
Apprentice

Same problem.  Suddenly all recording of audio has stopped.  No audio source-internal mic, XLR mic, mini stereo mic, nothing works.  Canon support says to send in the camera for repair. It's not under warranty.  Granted I have had the camera for 6 years, but you would expect it to just keep working.  

Announcements