cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XA 10 Does not appear as a device or open iPhoto on Mac

HelenV
Contributor

When I plug my XA 10 into my Mac to download a film clip, not only does it not open iPhoto automatically as it's supposed to, the camcorder icon doesn't appear on my screen or as a new device. I unplugged it and tried a different USB port, but nothing changes. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for letting me know it started working.  It is indeed a marvel how these things work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VideoGeek
Mentor

Does your Mac have a card reader?  If yes, have you tried using it instead of connecting the XA10 to the computer?  I realize this does not solve the problem with a USB connection but is something that will work.  When you have the XA10 connected to your Mac does the camcorder or an extra drive appear in Finder?  What mode do you have the XA10 in when you connect to the computer?

Thanks for responding. The Mac doesn't have a card reader. The Canon icon appeared nowhere, not in Finder or on the desktop. It was set for Cinema mode. I did eventually work after I left it alone for a bit, so maybe it was just napping and didn't want to be interrupted... How any of our electronics works is almost supernatural! Thanks!

Thank you for letting me know it started working.  It is indeed a marvel how these things work.

Announcements