cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless controller battery

tevans9129
Apprentice

OK, I confess, I am not overly bright but this is the first time that I have been unable to figure out how to insert a battery. I just received a VIXIA HF G30 camcorder and have been beaten by the wireless controller battery compartment. No matter what I try, I cannot get access to insert the battery. Sure would appreciate some help, thanks.  Ted

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello tevans9129,

The WL-D89 uses a CR2025 button type battery.  It is located behind that battery tray which slides down.  To open, hold the remote in your right hand (flipped over on it's back) and hook the fingernail of your left index finger into the little batch which acts like a spring and pull it towards you.  At the same time, use the fingernail of your right thumb to pull down the battery tray down and out.  This will allow you to change out the battery pack.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello tevans9129,

The WL-D89 uses a CR2025 button type battery.  It is located behind that battery tray which slides down.  To open, hold the remote in your right hand (flipped over on it's back) and hook the fingernail of your left index finger into the little batch which acts like a spring and pull it towards you.  At the same time, use the fingernail of your right thumb to pull down the battery tray down and out.  This will allow you to change out the battery pack.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the response Tim. I have never seen such an arrangement to get access to a battery before. It certainly was not engineered for us old people that have lost some of our dexterity. Thanks again.  Ted

Announcements