cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia hf r70 highest sd card....

hobo
Contributor

Me again,

I looked in the manual but it only shows recording times for different settings.

Does anyone know what the largest sd card can be used?

Another question comes to mind. I like to film a hockey game. Does anyone have experience filming in cold enviroments?

The arena is pretty cool and the camera spec is only minus 5 celsius.

Love to hear from someone who has experience in this.

Thanks

Hobo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Hobo,

Thank you for posting.

The largest memory cards with which we have tested this camcorder is 64 GB.

Your camcorder will accept the following memory cards:

• Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) that support capacities up to 32 GB
  • Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (SDXC) that support capacities more than 32GB

While we don't recommend specific brands or models of cards, we do recommend that you use a memory card produced by a major manufacturer that closely adhere to the current industry standards. You may see the standards at sdcard.org.

We recommend against the use of cards that require an adapter to fit in the camcorder (i.e. micro-SD or Mini-SD). The increase in the number of connections between the camcorder and memory card (from the memory card to the adapter, then from the adapter to the camcorder) makes a malfunction more likely.

Your camcorder does not support memory cards using the UHS-I or UHS-II standards. While these cards should be backward compatible with older memory card standards, not all of them will work. Please check with the card manufacturer for details regarding backward compatibility with the Speed Class 10 or Speed Class 6 card standards.

With regard to operating temperature, Canon recommends operating your camcorder within the following ranges:

• 23° to 113°F (-5° to 45°C) at 60% relative humidity
  • 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C) at 85% relative humidity

As important as the temperature ranges are, we also recommend aginst rapid temperature changes to avoid condensation inside the camcorder.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Hobo,

Thank you for posting.

The largest memory cards with which we have tested this camcorder is 64 GB.

Your camcorder will accept the following memory cards:

• Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) that support capacities up to 32 GB
  • Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (SDXC) that support capacities more than 32GB

While we don't recommend specific brands or models of cards, we do recommend that you use a memory card produced by a major manufacturer that closely adhere to the current industry standards. You may see the standards at sdcard.org.

We recommend against the use of cards that require an adapter to fit in the camcorder (i.e. micro-SD or Mini-SD). The increase in the number of connections between the camcorder and memory card (from the memory card to the adapter, then from the adapter to the camcorder) makes a malfunction more likely.

Your camcorder does not support memory cards using the UHS-I or UHS-II standards. While these cards should be backward compatible with older memory card standards, not all of them will work. Please check with the card manufacturer for details regarding backward compatibility with the Speed Class 10 or Speed Class 6 card standards.

With regard to operating temperature, Canon recommends operating your camcorder within the following ranges:

• 23° to 113°F (-5° to 45°C) at 60% relative humidity
  • 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C) at 85% relative humidity

As important as the temperature ranges are, we also recommend aginst rapid temperature changes to avoid condensation inside the camcorder.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements