cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia R600 won’t show up on my Mac

PuzzledPerson
Apprentice

I have an 11-inch MacBook Air with no sd card reader. The way I transfer files to my laptop is to use the microusb port. However, the majority of the time when I plug in the cords, nothing happens. Sometimes I am able to transfer the files but usually, nada.

How can I make the connection register between my camcorder and my laptop?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings?

What MAC OS is this machine running? 

-Are you connecting the camcorder directly to one of the 2 availableUSB  ports?

-Do other USB devices alsways detected when connected to a USB port?

-Have you tried connecting the camcorder elshere?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

1. My Mac is running the most recent High Sierra

2. Yes, my camcorder is connecting directly

3. This is the first time a USB connection has failed on my laptop (I use a wireless gaming mouse every day so it can't be age)

4. It has remained inconsistent across other computers, but the probability of it working seems relatively low on my laptop compared to others' I've tried

If the device exhibits the same behavior on multiple devices, its safe to assume it is the problem.  Canon Support might be the best next step.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements